The Commissioning Manager is responsible for coordinating and controlling commissioning of electrical substation and transmission lines on the Mt Gellibrand Wind Farm, ensuring achievement of timing, quality, environmental and health & safety regulations HV and LV. The role is based at the site, near Colac, Victoria. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
• Tests prior commissioning of electrical substations and transformation centers, and grid connection facilities
• Definition of main functional tests of principal equipment and related facilities, control and protection tests, and all required test in terms of communication and remote control prior commissioning
• To calculate and/or revision of protection setting calculations related to the facility
• To check on site all functional tests of principal equipment and associated facilities, protection and control tests, and communication and remote control tests
• Redaction and actualization of applicable protocols required for above listed, in order to ensure the security of the facility and persons
• Redact/agree test protocols prior commissioning together with CECOER and local operator for all application range prior commencement of such activities.
• Ensure quality and security of the facility and persons
• Work closely with Evacuation Infrastructure Manager in order to ensure the fulfillment of Grid Code of the facility
• To perform progress reports of the tests in daily basis
• Redact and convene with CECOER and/or Local Operator / Utility the protocol of power on of the facility.
• To coordinate, supervise and internally conduct all maneuvers associated to the process of powering on, ensuring the compliance of Quality and Health & Safety requirements
• To ensure development and register of the whole documentation and protocols related to the commissioning of the facility.
• Work safely and competently within Acciona’s systems and procedures.
• Frequent regular communication and collaboration with Acciona employees and departments in Spain.
Summary of required experience:
• Suitable experience in a directly related field.
• Familiarity and proven competence with related wind farm technologies and HV/LV electrical equipment.
• Fluent English and Spanish language skills.
• Organisation & Planning
• Team Work and Collaboration
• Advanced communication skills
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.