ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Vice President Quality, Health, Safety and Environment for the Vancouver head office.
The Vice President of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) which operates as an umbrella system covering Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability processes across the company’s operations in Canada. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the system is implemented across all offices and operational projects in Canada, including; setting measurable objectives, evaluating performance against those objectives and that continuous improvement becomes a guiding principle in the performance of our work. He / She will also work with the projects and Project Directors to provide guidance and support where required, related to QHSE activities.
• Reporting to the Country Director and actively supporting the Construction Director to ensure that all activities of ACCIONA in Canada are conducted with appropriate regard for, compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements for Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability.
• Development, maintenance, audit and continuous improvement of IMS framework and systems in conjunction with corporate teams based in Madrid and project/business teams based across Canada.
• Supervise and manage a team of functional professionals in Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability disciplines in each office and project.
• Identify and oversee actions necessary for the acquisition and maintenance of all relevant certifications and permits under the IMS disciplines.
• Manage the integration of ACCIONA IMS with partners’ systems in joint venture situations.
• Ensure IMS requirements are fully considered and properly represented in tender submissions for new projects.
• Build, Develop and Maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with internal personnel, project teams, regulators and clients.
• Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for all of ACCIONA's various departments on regulatory compliance issues in Health and Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability.
• Oversee the implementation of Health and Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability programs on all projects.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and desired certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven leadership skills in similar roles with emphasis on organization, communication, leadership and people management.
• Experience managing teams servicing major projects spread across multiple locations.
• Experience liaising with corporate head office teams and managing remote project teams to meet the full spectrum of requirements from executive level reporting to project level compliance.
• Strong technical background in one or more of the QHSE disciplines preferable Quality base.
• Experience in taking companies through the ISO/OHSAS / COR certification.
• Certified ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor.
• Experience of building systems to achieve and maintain discipline certifications.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an International Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• 15 years’ experience in one of the QHSE disciplines with a minimum 10 years of leadership/managerial experience within Quality, Health, Safety or Environment function.
• 5 years’ experience in a Senior level role managing large employees groups or projects
• Heavy industry and or Construction industry experience with a major company / contractor in North America.
• Experience with large and complex P3 and Design-Build projects.
• Knowledge of various industry codes, standards and regulations governing QA/QC (CSA, Provincial Specifications, etc.).
• Knowledge of environmental and health and safety regulations and requirements and proven strong working relationships with primary regulatory agencies.
• Experience in taking a company through ISO/OHSAS and COR certification is essential.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing systems.
• Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence others.
• Highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can be used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
• Highly developed interpersonal communications skills and cultural sensitivity.
• Demonstrated highly effective platform presentation skills and training delivery skills.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.