ACCIONA Agua Australia is looking for a Senior Accountant to be part of the finance team in Adelaide for a period of 12 months.
The candidate will be responsible for deliver quality accounting, reporting, budgeting and financial support to key internal and external stakeholders in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
Financial and Management Reporting
- Preparation of consolidated monthly accounts for all group and associated entities in accordance with Acciona Agua group accounting policies;
- Assist parent entity personnel in understanding the monthly group accounts and respond to queries;
- Provide assistance in the year end audit process;
- Aid in the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Preparation of monthly group and associate management reports including KPI and key variance analysis;
- Maintenance of operational and associated company cost tracking, coding and recording in the general ledger and related systems/processes, including coding for FBT purposes;
- Preparation and maintenance of group and associate company general ledgers, including journal processing;
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly Cash flow reporting and forecasting;
- Preparation of financial reports compared to budget;
- Active attitude in the cost controlling of the company;
- Preparation of annual Fringe Benefits Tax return;
- Creation of customised finance reports as required; and
- Other duties as required.
Joint Venture Support
- Assist in compliance with project and joint venture related contracts and agreements.
- Preparation and maintenance of joint venture cost tracking, funding notices and funding reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly management and financial reports for joint venture partners and manage any queries; and
- Ensuring joint venture funding payments are receipted and processed on a timely basis and in accordance with contracts.
- Preparation of on-line transactions, including foreign transactions for all group company bank accounts;
- Bank account administration including the following:
- opening and closing of accounts as required;
- on-line banking supervisor;
- account signatory maintenance; and
- correspondence as required.
General Finance Support
- Issuing and ensuring prompt collection (within terms) of group and associate company accounts receivable;
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements (including making payments and tracking refunds) for all group entities;
- Assist with the preparation and completion of Australian Taxation Office administrative forms and lodgements;
- Gather information for Australian Business Statistics forms and deal with queries;
- Provide assistance in the preparation of income tax provisions and related compliance;
- Aid with preparation of group and associated company forecasts, budgets and business plans;
- Maintenance of group and associated company intercompany loan schedules; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Reporting to key internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner;
- Group general ledger and fixed asset registers are maintained to a high standard to enable accurate and efficient reporting;
- Banking transactions are carried out in an accurate, timely and efficient manner;
- Provision of general financial support to key stakeholders as required in a timely, efficient and accurate manner; and
- Compliance with the Safety and Environmental Responsibilities outlined in ACCIONA Agua and infrastructures Integrated Management System.
Experience/Qualifications - Minimum 5 years of accounting experience after degree;
- Completed a postgraduate Accounting qualification;
- Practical experience with using and maintaining finance systems and ideally Finance One and EXLONE; and
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel.
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.