ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is looking for an Architect Design Manager. The candidate will be required to manage a team of Architects during a multibillion dollar transport PPP project during the bidding phase. Candidate will be required to ensure the outcome of design matches clients requirements at a highly competitive price.
- Define ACCIONA Infrastructure’s scope of involvement in identified project opportunities.
- Identify and analyse potential project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Identify and implement strategies to ensure successful conversion of identified key prospects through to successfully won and delivered projects.
- Assist with conversion of bid strategies to project implementation and project start up.
- Manage the preparation of EOI’s, technical and commercial project bids, project financial analysis, and preparation of feasibility reports and business cases.
- Coordinate inputs from ACCIONA’s technical and business development colleagues in Spain.
- Coordinate and contribute to the assessment of potential project partners and suppliers.
- Manage the coordination of selected project partners and suppliers.
- Influence decision-makers at Federal, state and local government levels using high level skills of consultation and negotiation.
- Coordinate and where appropriate, lead commercial negotiations with suppliers and project partners.
- Build and sustain productive relationships with ACCIONA Infrastructure colleagues, strategic partners and stakeholders; government authorities, joint venture and consortia partners, project developers, the media and other stakeholder groups.
- Managing and co-ordinating outsourced consultants and colleague where appropriate), to ensure timely and successful completion of project development activities.
Key Result Areas
- Timely identification and accurate scoping of major project opportunities.
- Timely and successful delivery on the bidding phase of major projects.
- Input effectively to commercial negotiations where required.
- Successful development and management of relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of agreed ACCIONA Infrastructure operational policies and procedures as applicable to your area of responsibility.
- Personal compliance with ACCIONA Infrastructure policies and procedures.
- Effective management and reporting on bid costs.
- Degree qualified in Architecture.
- Extensive experience in construction industry managing architects from the construction perspective.
- Experience in very high end Bids preparation preferably in the infrastructure or resources sectors, including PPP.
- Substantial business experience in Australia.
- Substantial project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project scoping and definition.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate/manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in working in foreign countries and cultures.
- Ability to drive change and influence outcomes and decisions.
- High level skills of communication and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder and client relationships.
- Skills in project financial analysis and risk analysis.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight time frames.
- The role is based in QLD but requires a vailability to travel regularly to interstate locations and internationally as required.
Previous experience in project partner analysis and consortia formation.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.