ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor for the Saint John Safe Clean Drinking Water Project in Saint John, NB.
Management of subcontract agreements between the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractor Joint Venture and multiple subcontractors; implementation of subcontract administration procedures in accordance with a specific Commercial Plan. Comply with all project health and safety requirements.
• Review subcontract information following handover from procurement.
• Procure and appraise quotes from potential subcontractors.
• Conduct negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors.
• Assess and ensure appropriate bonding/guarantees are obtained from all subcontractors in accordance with the Commercial Plan.
• Administer the execution of the subcontract and ensure compliance.
• Assess/check accuracy and process progress applications ensuring subcontractors are not overpaid. Issue appropriate recommendations for payment and administer same with the subcontractors.
• Value, consider time implications and execute change orders and back charges.
• Administer subcontractors and monitor their performance in relation to contractual terms and conditions.
• Interact with engineering, construction and scheduling departments to ensure compliance with terms and amendments of subcontract.
• Prepare draft notice correspondence to subcontractors (for Commercial Manager approval) where non-compliance with the subcontract is observed, back charges are to be levied or subcontractor delays are experienced,
• Assist Commercial Manager with earned value reporting.
• Prepare subcontractor end life forecasts and implement cost variance analysis.
• Ensure subcontractors notices are reviewed with the Commercial Manager as soon as received.
• Manage subcontract claims with the Commercial Manager or other designated authority.
• Conduct final account review, process back charges. Ensure all documentation is received, deficiencies are addressed and close out subcontracts.
• Process subcontractor requests for release of hold back and final payment,
• Prepare evaluations of subcontractor performance.
• Where requested, assist the Commercial Manager in the management and mentoring other junior staff members within the commercial team,
• Assistance with other material and equipment procurement, administration, payment, notices etc.
• Consider and recommend to the Commercial Manager any changes, delay notices, claims etc. against the client, particularly where arising from the subcontractor’s accounts.
• Assist the Commercial Manager with the valuation of upstream changes,
• Assist the commercial Manager with requests for payment to the client/funders representatives and participate in the demonstration of progress claimed where requested,
• Assisting the Commercial Manager and the team in any other commercial issues,
• Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration.
• Comply with and implement all Health & Safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Previous experience in construction is required, along with advanced understanding of contractual and technical terms.
• Advanced planning and communication skills.
• Comprehensive Commercial awareness.
• Advanced understanding of fixed price construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• Advanced knowledge of contract(s) and ensure compliance.
• Knowledge/understanding of surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding.
• Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness.
• Excellent excel spreadsheet and word processing skills.
• Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Accordingly, individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere as determined by ACCIONA resource requirements.
You must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
• RICS/MCIOB/PQS (CIQS) preferred.
• Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar.
• 5-10 years of experience in contract administration.
• Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
• Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
• Experience managing packages worth $10 million or more.
• Experience with Disputes held in high regard.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.