ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire a Quality Mechanical Lead for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Quality Mechanical Lead is responsible for ensuring the project’s quality requirements are met to achieve regulatory compliance, project technical requirements and proponent specifications as documented in the project contract. The Quality Mechanical Lead oversees the implementation of the quality system under the guidance of the QHSE Manager.
• Develops, implements and maintains a Quality Management Plan and Procedures to ensure compliance with project and client requirements for Mechanical Scope.
• Provides leadership and guidance to a QC / QA team members for Mechanical Scope.
• Promotes quality achievement and performance throughout the project.
• Establishes and maintains quality documentation requirements.
• Coordinates activities required to meet quality standards: develop technical procedures, work instructions, inspection points programs, technical specification for procuring, material reception programs, etc.
• Works with commercial and project staff to establish quality requirements and Mechanical Packages.
• Assesses product / service specifications with client and legal requirements (ensures compliance with client requirements standards and legislation).
• Works with Project Team, Client, Regulatory Agencies, Consultants / Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure the quality management system is functioning properly, advises on changes and their implementation strategies for Mechanical Scope.
• Provides training, tools, techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards for Mechanical Work.
• Ensures tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out, evaluated, and that product / service modifications are investigated when required.
• Ensures adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance / non-conformance and checks for their effectiveness, monitoring and closure.
• Produces reports on quality performance measured against indicators.
• Supports the organization with technical audits at the project site.
• Develops ITPs, and other related Quality documents as required for the project.
• Supports and works with the IMS team on building, developing and implementing processes, controls and documents to improve the IMS and Quality management system.
• Supports the corporate AIC ISO 9001 certification.
• Supports the development and implementation of the Worksite Management Plan.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Specific knowledge and application of Total Quality Management, Methodologies and ISO 9000 and 9001 systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and manage QHSE and Non Conformance reporting management software.
• Demonstrated ability to write and produce Quality Management and other related plans, procedures, ITP’s, manuals, sops as required.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of local and international Quality systems, standards, documentation, codes of practice and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated report / technical content writing skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in document control, records and reporting systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the application of Quality Assurance and Quality Control management systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency at solving complex engineering quality calculations.
• Ability to read and interpret complex civil engineering specifications.
• Exceptional communication, listening and problem solving skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Associated Welding Inspection.
• 5+ years in a Quality/managerial/supervisory role in major mechanical construction projects.
• 10+ years’ relevant civil construction experience in major mechanical infrastructure projects.
• 10+ years’ practical Quality Systems experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Joint Venture P3 environment.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.