ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Management of subcontract agreements between the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractor Joint Venture and multiple subcontractors; implementation of subcontract administration procedures in accordance with a specific Commercial Plan. Comply with all project health and safety requirements.
• Review subcontract information following handover from procurement.
• Procure and appraise quotes from potential subcontractors.
• Conduct negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors.
• Assess and ensure appropriate bonding/guarantees are obtained from all subcontractors in accordance with the Commercial Plan.
• Administer the execution of the subcontract and ensure compliance.
• Assess/check accuracy and process progress applications ensuring subcontractors are not overpaid. Issue appropriate recommendations for payment and administer same with the subcontractors.
• Value, consider time implications and execute change orders and back charges.
• Administer subcontractors and monitor their performance in relation to contractual terms and conditions.
• Interact with engineering, construction and scheduling departments to ensure compliance with terms and amendments of subcontract.
• Prepare draft notice correspondence to subcontractors (for Commercial Manager approval) where non-compliance with the subcontract is observed, back charges are to be levied or subcontractor delays are experienced.
• Assist Commercial Manager with earned value reporting.
• Prepare subcontractor end life forecasts and implement cost variance analysis.
• Ensure subcontractors notices are reviewed with the Commercial Manager as soon as received.
• Manage subcontract claims with the Commercial Manager or other designated authority.
• Conduct final account review, process back charges. Ensure all documentation is received, deficiencies are addressed and close out subcontracts.
• Process subcontractor requests for release of hold back and final payment.
• Prepare evaluations of subcontractor performance.
• Where requested, assist the Commercial Manager in the management and mentoring other junior staff members within the commercial team.
• Assistance with other material and equipment procurement, administration, payment, notices etc.
• Consider and recommend to the Commercial Manager any changes, delay notices, claims etc. against the client, particularly where arising from the subcontractor’s accounts.
• Assist the Commercial Manager with the valuation of upstream changes.
• Assist the commercial Manager with requests for payment to the client/funders representatives and participate in the demonstration of progress claimed where requested.
• Assisting the Commercial Manager and the team in any other commercial issues.
• Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration.
• Comply with and implement all Health & Safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Previous experience in construction is required, along with advanced understanding of contractual and technical terms.
• Advanced planning and communication skills.
• Comprehensive Commercial awareness.
• Advanced understanding of fixed price construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• Advanced knowledge of contract(s) and ensure compliance.
• Knowledge/understanding of surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding.
• Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness.
• Excellent excel spreadsheet and word processing skills.
• Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience managing a team of 3 Quantity Surveyors
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Accordingly, individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere as determined by ACCIONA resource requirements.
• RICS/MCIOB/PQS (CIQS) preferred.
• Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar.
• 5-10 years of experience in contract administration.
• Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
• Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
• Experience managing packages worth $10 million or more.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.