Nexus Delivery is a joint venture between Acciona and Ferrovial Agroman, established to design and construct the TSRC. The $1.6 billion Toowoomba Second Range Crossing is a 41km heavy vehicle route jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments on an 80:20 funding split arrangement.
The route is designed to increase freight efficiency and significantly improve driver safety and community amenity by removing heavy vehicles from Toowoomba’s CBD.
Nexus Delivery is currently seeking an experienced Cost Control Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will ideally be a Civil Engineer with extensive experience in cost management on a large civil construction project. The duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and control project cost and, the coordination of the cost control processes.
- Assist Area Manager’s with the monthly production and month end accruals / provisions for the project.
- Calculate and document the monthly production costs into the project’s Insite system.
- Liaise with Site Administrators to monitor all accruals / provisions are entered into the system accurately, with the accurate cost code allocation and within the appropriate deadlines.
- Support and guide the construction teams with reporting structures and requirements, forecasting, timetable guidance and transparency.
- Analyse the proposed deviations and corrective measures in conjunction with Area Managers.
- Prepare and implement ‘Early Warning’ notifications as issues arise.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing materials storage.
- Manage cost transfers and enter project budgets into the system.
- Monitor subcontractor payment claims and invoice processing.
- Coordinate project progress claims and client invoices with the Site Technical team.
- Risk and opportunity management.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Project Management team and clients.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior cost management position;
- Bachelor of Engineering degree;
- Previous experience working on major infrastructure projects valued over $50 million;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE PROJECT VISIT:
www.nexustsrc.com.au or nexustsrc on Facebook
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.