The Senior Procurement Engineer manages the purchase of general and specialized equipment, materials, or subcontractors services for use or for further processing. Reporting to the Global Procurement Manager of the Project, this role is responsible for maintaining established procedures and methods to provide delivery and procurement of goods as well as services; he also manages subcontractors. All while maintaining compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare and accomplish a procurement Strategy and plan for each package of purchase.
• Bid, obtain and analyze quotations/proposals for civil works, equipment, materials and construction services for use for the construction project.
• Assess requirements of the business and develop specifications in conjunction with Technical and Construction teams for civil, mechanical, electrical works, equipment, materials and supplies to be offered.
• Secure internal approvals according the Company procedures, negotiate contract with the best terms and conditions, prepare supplier Purchase orders and/or Subcontract.
• Procurement Plan Management and Reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of appropriate suppliers and subcontractor services. Expertise in local market and international Vendors.
• Negotiating with current and potential Vendors in an effort to obtain the best value and favorable terms for all procurement packages.
• Ensuring compliance with Procurement Vendors Accreditation Process.
• Advising project team of critical information, such as specification changes, delivery status, future price changes, etc.
• Expertise in strong internal and external Vendors and Stakeholders communication.
• Establishing criteria and communication with supervisor and co-workers daily to resolve issues/problems as they arise.
• Knowledgeable in procurement Legal aspects in Canada.
• Experience in searching for several technical & economic alternatives of procurement packages.
• Proactive and detail orientated.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• A bachelor’s degree on Engineering (Mechanical preferred).
• A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset.
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience.
• Experience with customer service principles and practices.
• Experience working in Vancouver area and knowledge of the construction market is a requirement.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.