This role is responsible for coordinating inputs into wind and solar farm projects from initial project costing through to tendering, construction and to also be the project coordinator between Head Office (Spain) and the Melbourne office. The position is based in Melbourne.
Management of staff and activities to achieve company objectives for the delivery of projects. Key aspects include:
• This role is key in providing Engineering & Construction (E&C) support to the Business Development area during the early phase project analysis.
• This role will act as a conduit between Business Development & E&C to delivery any E&C required services in a timely manner, to ensure BD projects are progressing.
• Prepare the project cost reports (IT’s) for all projects being submitted for investment approval.
• Provide guidance, direction & advice to Project Directors/Managers regarding the delivery of wind farm projects.
• Participate in high level project committees; both internal (such as PRC) and contract specific (eg PCGs) as required.
• Take an active role in sensitive or high risk situations as they arise in projects.
• Develop, implement & continue to promote Project Management processes and procedures to improve the efficiency & standard of project management within the team and the organisation generally.
Estimating & Tendering
• Review tender documents, assessing scope, risk, complexity, engineering and construction requirements to develop engineering, procurement and delivery strategies.
• Undertake preliminary design management for bidding activities.
• Develop project procurement plans and gain internal endorsement.
• Develop complete project CAPEX estimates using supplier and subcontractor tenders, estimates and internal costs, including risk based contingency assessment, cash flow forecasting and comparative analysis.
• Review bid tender schedules and develop necessary construction documents such as preliminary project schedules, project plans, submission documents etc.
• Provide necessary support to the bid team in responding to tender queries.
• Relevant engineering qualifications.
• Significant multi-discipline project management experience, ideally in wind farms.
• Ideally, management experience.
• Sound problem solving, relation management and negotiation skills.
• Commercial acumen.
• Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organisation.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.