Coleman Rail is a specialist rail infrastructure contractor experienced in delivering both light and heavy rail construction and maintenance projects across brownfield and greenfield environments.
We are currently seeking a Tertiary Qualified Quantity Surveyor to join our team on the exciting Southern Program Alliance. This package of works will include new stations, bridges, relocation of the Carrum train storage facility and upgrades to Carrum Village. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of the Victorian Governments Level Crossing Removal Project which will run until 2022.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare bills of quantities and specifications for projects
- Undertake cost planning, cost analysis, site measurements for progress payments and variations which occur on-site
- Prepare measurements for gross letterable areas, plot ration analysis and planning applications
- Report of job progress and cost control to the project manager
- Prepare progress claims on clients for payments of work done
- Check and authorise payments to sub-contractors and major suppliers
- Liaise with Projects Managers and designers in coordination of designs and for solving related problems
- Liaise with and provide input to purchasing and site procurement requirements
- Commitment and implementation of OHS and Safety
The ideal candidate will have:
Tertiary qualifications in Quantity Surveying and 5+ years’ experience in a QS role in a civil and or rail environment. Full working rights in Australia and c lear and definitive written and verbal communication are essential. You will be required to have proven skills in the following software: MS Excel, MS Word, outlook
At Coleman Rail, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and solid support and training
- A dedicated team on an exciting alliance
- Salary packaging
- A chance to work close to home in Melbourne’s South East
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Hit the apply button now and take your career in a new direction.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.