The Construction Manager is to provide leadership and coordination for the Acciona team onsite, for all contractors, parties and activities on site, and is responsible for safety, quality, security and stakeholder management. The role is based in Mortlake, in Western Victoria.
• Plan, organise, manage and oversee day-to-day construction activities and all other construction management processes required to deliver the works in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, Acciona requirements and project specific management plans.
• Coordinate the Acciona team to ensure all construction activities are being managed and all required capabilities within the team are operating effectively.
• Take a proactive approach to identifying and mitigating risks, solving issues and driving project success.
• Promote a positive professional image of ACCIONA with partners, power companies, service providers and other stakeholders and in the business community generally.
• Deliver effective windfarm projects to a high technical standard and to the agreed program, quality and cost.
• Ensure project documentation requirements are met for handover of projects on completion.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly construction reports.
• Lead regular meetings with contractors and subcontractors.
• Exercise general supervision over professional, technical, and administrative support staff or subcontractors.
• Develop and standardise procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of construction process, and monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
• Diligently manage all contractor interfaces ensuring all project requirements are satisfied
• Assist the Project Manager in the management of local stakeholders including council, landowners and general community
• Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
• Provide expert input into the review of engineering deliverables.
• Provide support and guidance to the project team when solving technical issues.
• Trouble shoot and identify issues prior to them practically arising.
• Review contractor work method statements and specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
Health, Safety & Environment:
• Be responsible for overall health, safety, and environment across the project including review and compilation of documentation and assisting with audits and inspections.
• Responsible for the management of environment. Review and compilation of documentation and assisting with audits and inspections.
• Responsible for ensuring quality management is implemented onsite including coordinating and monitoring the progress and quality of work. Review and compilation of documentation and assisting with audits and inspections.
Key Result Areas:
• Management – Foster an inclusive and harmonious on-site environment, assisting team members to best fulfill their role.
• Quality, Health, Safety & Environment – Incident free workplace, with compliance with all legislation, regulation, policy and procedures.
• Contracts and Subcontracts – Coordination, and all obligations and responsibilities met.
• Stakeholders – Positive relationship developed and maintained with internal and external stakeholders.
• 15+ years’ experience in the construction industry including civil, electrical, concrete and crane disciplines, with wind farm experience highly valued
• Knowledge and experience regarding engineering standards and industry practices specific to wind farm construction.
• Understand engineering designs, drawings, specifications and construction processes specific to wind farms, including structural, civil, electrical and erection works.
• Degree qualification with major coursework in civil and/or electrical engineering or a related engineering field; or an appropriate trade qualification with relevant construction industry experience.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams influencing outcomes.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Flexibility to travel as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.