The Contracts Administrator, in conjunction with and reporting to the Project Manager, manages the implementation and administration of contractual, commercial, financial processes and procedures for the project. She or he is responsible for best practice integration, effective advice and guidance on contractual, commercial and financial matters across the project.The role is based in Melbourne with regular travel (50% of time) to the site at Mortlake.
• Preparation and management of contracts, ensuring appropriate approvals are in place and obtained for all contracts;
• Preparation and implementation of company templates for all forms of contracts, tenders, scopes, specifications, expressions of interest, contract variations, extensions of time and any other relevant project documents;
• Provide advice and information to Project Manager, Construction Manager and other members of the Project Team on contractual and commercial matters including compliance with contractactual obligations, legislation and relevant Australian and other Standards;
• Liaise with internal legal counsel to ensure any legal issues are appropriately communicated and escalated as required.
• Maintain relationships with internal and external project stakeholders including both local and overseas management, and company internal operations team (end Client).
• Ensure all tenders and subsequent contracts have detailed and approved Scopes of Work and Technical Specifications that clearly document each party’s obligations under the contract;
• Preparation of weekly and monthly contracts reports for both internal and external circulation including reports on contractual claims (variations, extesnions of time etc) and status of any contractual disputes;
• Liaise with Project Team members to ensure correct processes are in place to ensure all contractor deliverables are provided and inspected for compliance with contract requirements;
• Assist the Project Manager in delivering the end Client’s expectations including determines Client needs through analysis of documentation / contract, liaising with Client in person and based upon Client expectations on previous jobs;
• Identify opportunities and risks in contracts and liase with the Project Manager to take advantage of such opportunities / mitigate any such risks.
• Assist in the preparation and review of Requests for Tender prior to issue of tenders to the market to ensure that tenderers clearly understand the proposed scope of works and risk allocation;
• Overview and critique of tender submissions for compliance with tender requirements and for exposure to any adverse risk outcomes, including detailed internal reviews and front end negotiations with prospective contractors as required to achieve acceptable contractual close out;
• Ensure contractor deliverables are clearly identified and documented in all contracts;
• Assist with the negotiation of all contracts, while ensuring that compliance with Acciona procurement policies;
• Ensure that no contractor is engaged on the project prior to all prequalification requirements being met including but not limited to the formal execution of the contract and provision of relevant safety documentation.
• Assess and respond to contractor payment claims in accordance with contract and where required, in accordance with the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic)
• Assist in the management of contractual and commercial disputes and where applicable the coordination and direction to internal legal counsel;
• Monitor company compliance with contract conditions and its provisions;
• Work with and seek assistance from the Project Manager on all potential contract risks/opportunities.
• Ensures that all financial obligations of the contract are adequately covered and project risk is minimised;
• Monitor contract deliverables and ensure they are received in a timely manner and are approved by the appropriate authorized project person;
• Conduct and report on Commercial Risk Assessments on all Contracts;
• Ensure that all Project Insurances are in place;
• Lead the management of all insurance notifications and claims;
• Lead the evaluation, processing and administration of all insurance claims as required;
• Ensure all risk contingency is appropriately recorded and reported;
• Ensure the accurate and concise project contract valuation reporting is complete in accordance with accounting cut off dates;
• Provide monthly cash forecast requirements to company finance team to ensure all company payment obligations are able to be met.
• Establishes implements and maintains systems in accordance with company requirements and procedures;
• Reviews project cash flows and identifies divisional cash requirements to the Project Manager;
• Provide the Project Manager project trend analysis;
• Finalises project financial close out reports;
• Provide feedback to estimating departments on completed contracts for future project reference.
• Demonstrate sound organisational and time management skills;
• Make contractual evaluations and recommendations to the Project Manager for all client and contractor correspondence in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all site personnel understand and comply with contract administration procedures;
• Maintain close liaison with Construction and Area managers to ensure all reporting requirements are being met and carried out in a timely manner;
• Liaise with Project Team to keep informed of all relevant aspects of project reporting to assist in problem solving;
• Establishe and maintain a harmonious Client/Customer relationship to assist project delivery and enhance Client satisfaction.
• A qualification in commercial or legal field desirable.
• 5-8 years’ experience in contract management;
• Experience in major construction projects essential;
• Demonstrated management of contracts on large projects essential;
• Demonstrated understanding of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic);
• Experience working within the renewables industry, wind farm construction (ideal but not essential);
• Demonstrated ability to analyse contractual/legal issues and provide solutions through appropriate problem solving techniques;
• Sound commercial acumen accompanied by proven negotiation and inter-relationship skills evidenced by effective dispute resolutions;
• Clear and definitive communication – written and verbal accompanied by competent presentation ability;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others;
• Demonstrated influencing skills;
• High attention to detail;
• Expert skills in Excel; Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Package;
• Ability to travel to site regularly (up to 50% of time).
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.