The Project HSE Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing management and delivery of the project health, safety and environment control procedures and plan, ensuring that all project activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory and corporate and project requirements. The role is based In Mortlake with regular travel to Melbourne.
• Develop the project health and safety plan and system specific to the project health and safety strategy and objectives
• Influence the development and implementation of health and safety requirements specific to procurement, engineering and construction works
• Monitor and oversee the implementation of the project health and safety plan and the project environmental plan throughout execution
• Manage and plan for internal and external audits to confirm compliance with regulatory, certification and other business requirements
• Lead incident investigation and management activities
• Prepare and maintain appropriately structured project HSE documentation registers
• Coordinate HSE activities across project HSE and technical resources
• Monitor the HSE activities of the project team to ensure appropriate management and supervision is present and objectives are achieved
• Manage and monitor to ensure that the appropriate set of HSE documents and records is maintained
• Supervise the realisation, circulation and archiving of documentation regarding onsite HSE activities
• Oversee compliance with contractor and subcontractor HSE plans and systems and review their HSE documentation. The contractors’ and subcontractors’ HSE plans and systems must be aligned with the project specific health and safety plan, and environment plans
• Lead risk management specific to HSE outcomes
• Report on project HSE performance
• Manage and drive the project non-conformance process and defect management
• Lead project specific forums including HSE tool box, prestart and HS Coordination meetings
• Engage with central office to update on project progress and align implementation initiatives
• Monitor technical resources and junior staff in performing site health, safety and environment inspections and maintain HSE control records.
• Approve suppliers’ and subcontractors’ health and safety plans and SWMS
• Regularly inform the Project Manager of any issues detected and the corrective actions adopted.
• Ensure in the event of an HSE incident, appropriate investigation and close out is included
• 5-8 years’ experience as a HSE professional working in the construction industry.
• Degree qualification or relevant industry experience in a related field; or an appropriate qualification with relevant construction industry experience.
• Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations.
• Advanced organisation and management practices.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of technical and junior resources
• Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Flexibility to travel as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.