The Project Quality Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing management and delivery of the project quality control procedures and plan, ensuring that all components of the project achieve the necessary quality requirements and outcomes. The role is based at Mortlake, with regular travel to Melbourne.
• Develop the project quality plan and system specific to the project quality strategy and objectives
• Influence the development of quality requirements specific to engineering, manufacturing and construction works
• Montor and oversee the implementation of the project quality plan throughout execution
• Manage and plan for internal and external quality process assurance validation
• Manage and plan for quality control and quality outcomes across all facets of the project
• Prepare and maintain appropriately structured project quality documentation registers
• Coordinate quality activities across project quality and technical resources
• Monitor the quality activities of the project team to obtain technical confirmation for project supply and construction quality conformance
• Manage and monitor to ensure that the appropriate set of quality documents and records is maintained
• Supervise the realisation, circulation and archiving of documentation regarding onsite quality
• Oversee compliance with contractor and subcontractor quality programs and review their quality documentation. The contractors’ and subcontractors’ quality programs must be aligned with the Project Quality Control Plan which will prevail in case of discrepancy
• Lead risk management specific to quality outcomes
• Report on project quality performance
• Manage and drive the project non-conformance process and defect management.
• Monitor technical resources and junior staff in performing site quality verification inspections and maintain quality control records.
• Approve suppliers’ and subcontractors’ Quality Plans Review of ITPs.
• Review and approve supplier quality processes and procedures
• Regularly inform the Project Manager of any non-conformities detected and the corrective actions adopted.
• Ensure final verification of materials and workmanship is obtained
• 5-8 years’ experience as a Quality professional working in the civil and electrical construction industry.
• Degree qualification or relevant industry experience in a related field; or an appropriate trade qualification with relevant construction industry experience.
• Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations.
• Advanced organisation and management practices.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of technical and junior resources
• Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Flexibility to travel as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.