This position reports directly to the Construction Manager, providing technical expertise, supervision, monitoring and reporting of the onsite Civil works during the construction of the Mortlake Wind Farm. The position is initially based in Melbourne, transitioning to be full-time at the site near Mortlake, in western Victoria.
• Assist in the development of the project quality plan providing specific input regarding key design requirements that require specific quality control activities and the timing of those activities
• Review contractor Work Method Statements to ensure that the proposed construction methodology satisfies the design intent
• Review contractor Inspection Test Plans to ensure that the proposed inspections align with the project quality plan, and confirm suitability of materials, supplies and all workmanship
• Coordinate the RFI process between contractors, design resources, suppliers and project site resources
• Provide technical advice through the civil works program, including but not limited to:
o Design intent
o Construction methodology
o Quality requirements
o Rectification of design/construction issues
o Geotechnical conditions
• Review and assess contractor submitted material and supply specification
• Carry out quality control inspection across all civil works and as directed by the Project Manager, including during construction of:
o Mooleric Rd upgrade
o Access Tracks to all turbines
o Drainage infrastructure
o WTG foundations
o Substation construction
• Prepare technical reports and contribute to project reporting as directed by the Construction Manager
• Prepare the appropriate quality documentation as requested by the project Quality Officer and or as directed by the Construction Manager
• Participate in all project coordination meetings, project audits or other activities as directed by the Construction Manager
• Review of contractors Work Method Statements and Inspection Test Plans
• Coordination of RFI process as it relates specifically to the civil design and construction.
• Technical advice and quality control including inspections during upgrade works to access roads
• Technical advice and quality control including inspections during construction of access tracks and hardstands
• Technical advice and quality control including inspections during construction of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) foundations
• Technical advice and quality control including inspections during substation construction
• Other technical advice and quality control activities as directed by the Construction Manager
• Assist in the management and assessment of change control for civil works on the project.
• Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering degree.
• Able to read and understand detail civil engineering drawings, information and technical specifications
• Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel and experience with other MS packages.
• Strong working knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a comparable technical role.
• Strong technical report writing skills
• Current (or eligible to obtain an) Australian driver’s license.
• Strong understanding of earthworks, excavations, geotechnical/geology conditions, concrete construction, pavement / road construction methodologies and drainage infrastructure.
• A good command of the English language.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.