This position reports directly to the Construction Manager, providing technical expertise, quality review, supervision, monitoring and reporting of the onsite Electrical works during the construction and commissioning of the Mortlake Wind Farm. The role is initially based in Melbourne, eventually transitioning to be based at the site near Mortlake, in Western Victoria.
• Assist in the development of the project quality plan providing specific input regarding key design requirements that require specific quality control activities and the timing of those activities
• Review contractor Work Method Statements to ensure that the proposed construction methodology satisfies the design intent
• Review contractor Inspection Test Plans to ensure that the proposed inspections align with the project quality plan, and confirm suitability of materials, supplies and all workmanship
• Coordinate the RFI process between contractors, design resources, suppliers and project site resources
• Provide technical advice through the electrical works program, including but not limited to:
o Design intent
o Construction methodology
o Quality requirements
o Rectification of design/construction issues
o Testing and commissioning
o Electrical Safety
• Review and assess contractor submitted material, equipment’s and supply specification
• Carry out quality control inspection across all electrical works and as directed by the Project Manager, including during construction and commissioning of:
o MV Reticulation system including cabling, and kiosk transformers
o 33/66 kV substation
o Communications/scada systems
• Prepare technical reports and contribute to project reporting as directed by the Construction Manager
• Prepare the appropriate quality documentation as requested by the project Quality Officer and or as directed by the Construction Manager
• Participate in all project coordination meetings, project audits or other activities as directed by the Construction Manager
• Review of contractors Work Method Statements
• Coordination of RFI process as it relates specifically to the electrical design and construction.
• Technical advice and quality control activities as directed by the Construction Manager
• Assist in the management and assessment of change control for electrical works on the project.
• Scheduling follow up, coordinating all the involved parties in the detailed design, ensuring that activities are properly monitored by both the functional and hierarchical responsible.
• Technical evaluation signature to be attached for every piece of equipment award proposal.
• Ensure that the all activities are properly embedded in the overall project P6 schedule.
• Coordination meetings with both local and global teams as well as relevant subcontractors
• Construction team full support: meetings with potential electrical works and electrical installation subcontractors before contract awarding; documentation explanation and modification requests when needed; troubleshooting.
• Participation in Safety in Design workshops and reviews
• Electrical Engineering degree.
• Able to read and understand detail electrical engineering drawings, information and technical specifications
• Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel and experience with other MS packages.
• Strong working knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a comparable technical role.
• Strong technical report writing skills
• Current Australian driver’s license.
• Strong understanding of substation, MV reticulation, cabling, jointing, commissioning and electrical safety
• A good command of the English language.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.