ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire a Piping/Mechanical Lead for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Assists the Process Mechanical Lead by taking charge of specific project piping/mechanical duties, which generally fall, within the areas described below. End result to deliver a successful project and then project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environment and quality.
• Supervise, lead and coordinate the piping design.
• Establish the procurement and installation strategy for the pipeline.
• Develop specifications for the fabrication of spooling and installation of the piping.
• Review drawings and specifications for contract compliance.
• Technical Bid Evaluations.
• RFI and change order management.
• Database management of the piping.
• Field engineering coordination and inspection of the installation of the spooling/piping and mechanical equipment, complying with the project schedule.
• Monthly on site review of installations, provide detailed written reports as scheduled.
• Attend design meeting weekly, coordinate design program with team programmer.
• Risk identification and direct cost management from the design phase until the final design submission.
• Maintain a comprehensive and well organized set of project files.
• Manage scope and budget based on the design growth.
• QA/QC Management. Ensure installation is following the design IFCs and Project Agreement specifications.
• Deliver a successful project on time, on budget.
• Provide direction and support to project related staff and subcontract partners.
• Maintain cordial relations and communications with the Client.
• Adhere to project budget, schedule, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Establish and implement operational, technical, commercial, financial and administrative controls on Projects.
• Manage the design as a contractor, not as a designer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and leadership skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Previous project experience in water treatment projects or industrial projects in charge of piping and electromechanical equipment. Experience with procurement packages and best cost design options.
• 5+ years’ experience in Field Engineering for pipeline and mechanical equipment installation in Canada.
• Experience in design of seismic supports and seismic design for OFC and Essential Services.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Mechanical engineering preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organization.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Construction site experience is a plus.
• Knowledge about the BC piping and subcontractors is a plus.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.