Coleman Rail, part of the Acciona Geotech group of companies, is a leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia. Established in 1972, the Group has won a reputation as a leading provider of technically complex, specialist construction services in civil & rail infrastructure and ground engineering, complemented by specialist HDD and coal gas drainage drilling, as well as structural, mechanical and piping engineering, fabrication and installation proven capabilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Rail/Track Engineer to join our growing team in Perth, WA. Working on large and iconic projects in WA, you will be accountable for the planning and sequencing of construction activities, procurement, design management, budget management, and ensuring effective communication with the project team.
Specifically you will have responsibility for:
- preparing project construction programs and management plans
- identifying project risks and establishing mitigation plans
- ensuring all aspects of the project track work are put in to service within the agreed scope, specifications, budgets and time frame to meet project deliverables
- ensuring all project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to, including safety, environment and quality plans.
- planning and budgeting of on-site project activities, including management and supervision of resources and subcontractors
- procurement of subcontractors and suppliers and managing the delivery of the relevant scope of work
Required skills & experience:
- A relevant engineering degree combined with a minimum 5 years’ relevant experience on Australian rail, civil infrastructure and construction projects
- Sound understanding of contract management, procurement and subcontracting principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental standards & practices
- Sound experience and skills with project and financial management and in managing budgets.
To be considered for this role, you must possess the right to work in Australia.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.