ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Project Controls Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
To manage the project control, schedule and quality resources required to deliver complex PPP project.
To lead, together with the Project Manager the progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
To establish business cases for potential opportunities with client, designers and subcontractors. Managing the project strategy together, with the Project Manager.
To improve current Management Plans as a part of knowledge management procedures in key ACCIONA projects to bring knowledge and know-how to the company for future projects.
End result to deliver a successful project and then project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environment and quality.
• The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS.
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools. In line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Work closely with the Project Manager, Commercial manager, Construction Manager, Procurement Manager and Project Engineering Manager to maximize the potential of the project
• Ensure that project management processes are consistently applied across the project.
• Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis)
• Support program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
• Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
• Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programs in Primavera that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Monitor and control program compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
• Check and review the need procurement needs request and key purchase orders/ subcontractors to ensure a good understanding about the risks and cost monitoring.
• Support commercial team with project strategy and good practices to avoid change orders and claims from subcontractors.
• Lead regular project control and risk management meetings to ensure a common understanding of the project risks and performance indicators, giving directions to the team.
• Lead the strategy for opportunities and claims management, together with the commercial team. Providing all of the back up to build the cases aligned with the Project Manager.
• Manage project communication including the proper use of project correspondence and documentation control management.
• Maintain a comprehensive and well organized set of project files.
• Implement the respective sections of Project Management Plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and leadership skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Experience in complex industrial projects and PPP Projects.
• 10+ years’ experience in Project Management.
• A demonstrated understanding of the principles of Project Management.
• A degree in Engineering or equivalent recognized qualification.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organization.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.