ACCIONA is looking to hire a CAD Technician for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Assists the Design team with preparing design and construction drawings, specifications, details and sketches for all phases of projects. Communicating with multi-faceted project teams including coordinating with design and technical consultants.
• To draft technical electrical/I&C design drawings using AutoCAD.
• Complete documentation packages and produce drawings sets
• Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
• Prepare contract and tender documents.
• Draft electrical/I&C engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches.
• Develop electrical single line diagrams, protection and relay diagrams, schematics and wiring diagram.
• Draft local distribution panels and Motor Control Centre, and electrical equipment plan views.
• Knowledge of CAD electrical symbols
• Generation of Location drawings for instruments, valves and field panels
• Develop of loop drawings and other termination drawings
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS office (Excel) and MS Access.
• 3-5 years with drafting and designing electrical/I&C systems is an asset, including knowledge of cable tray routing and cable routing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, coordination and planning skills.
• Demonstrated skill and experience with AutoCAD, and other drafting and design software
• Familiarity with international and local standards CEC, ANSI, IEEE Codes and CSA is mandatory;
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
• Proficient in MS office (Excel) and MS Access
• 3D experience is an asset. Knowledge of Revit and Naviswok is a plus.
• Knowledge to meet safety, quality, environmental, schedule and budget requirements of the project.
• Previous project experience in electrical/I&C systems
• Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in similar role.
• Strong technical, leadership, written and verbal communication and skills.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.