ACCIONA is looking to hire a Procurement Administrator for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Responsible for checking the procurement schedule/planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
• Coordinate with Commercial team and Scheduler to check the procurement schedule for equipment.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors
• Maintain procurement files.
• Assist in identifying defective or unacceptable new goods or services with client, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
• Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
• Ensure that health, safety and environment procedures are followed and are compliant.
• Ensure security of equipment and materials during the procurement cycle.
• Submit equipment data sheets, drawings and specifications for client approval as required.
• Verify purchase requisitions, obtain and review quotes, obtain required approvals and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Review quotations & Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Follow-up with suppliers and subcontractors for delivery.
• Track Purchasing activity and measurements against project schedule.
• Ensure LEED compliance for buildings, and civil works sustainable compliance.
• Ensure all equipment and materials compile with CSA and all associated standards.
• Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for Quality, Health, Safety & Environment.
• Liaise with Commercial Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Accept deliveries and verify quantity, quality and product.
• Track inventory.
• Provide equipment and material release information to site and scheduler.
• Provide data sheets, drawings and specification to site and subcontractors in a timely manner to ensure correct support and services are available to installation.
• Issue equipment to installers complete with installation data sheets, drawings and specification.
• Ensure installers receipt of equipment and material and that it is recorded and signed by supplier.
• Assist in reviewing and verifying installation of equipment and material.
• Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
• Ensure the procurement of materials in order to meet Project schedule.
• Check the approval of Equipment and Materials.
• Check the inventory and recorded release of inventory.
• Coordinate supply chain between purchasing and installation.
• Follow the project internal procedures, and ensure the health and safety compliance.
• Check for equipment and material security.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of construction purchasing requirements.
• Supply Chain skills.
• Highly developed organizational skills are essential.
• Ability to work both independently and in a multi-task team environment
• Strong computer skills and a thorough knowledge of MS Office, particularly
Excel and Word at an intermediate level, are required.
• Excellent communicating skills.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing capacity within the Construction Industry distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Minimum community college diploma, preferably in business administration.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.