We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Coordinate, schedule, and implement the projects he/she leads within his/her unit/department, according to established standards and procedures and in order to optimize assigned projects’ profitability, complying with deadlines and quality standards.
Construction of renewable facilities, national and international lines and substations when receiving projects from the Engineering Department and pursuant to the guidelines of the Management Plan, in the short term, and pursuant to the Strategic Plan in the medium and long term, in order to deliver optimally completed and operating facilities for their subsequent utilisation by the Operation and Maintenance Department.
- Lead the Construction organization, including engineering, project management and field construction activities and personnel.
- Direct activities for multiple projects with capital budgets in excess of $100M each.
- Direct the construction consulting support to the development teams for all projects under development.
- Direct the development of processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona projects.
- Lead in the recruitment, hiring and training of Construction personnel
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately improve overall project quality, schedule, cost and safety.
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
- Develop and present the organization’s project, capital and operating expense budgets for all construction functions. Identify cost reduction opportunities for analysis and implementation. Lead analysis of Construction cost performance against budget.
- Identify, develop and build relationships with 3rd party service providers.
- Serve as the company’s representative with customers and contractors.
- Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the organization’s personnel and subcontractors in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements. Conduct and review safety analyses and reviews of hazards and energy sources. Develop a system of compliance checks for operating and safety rules.
- Facilitate the daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Facilitate development of employees by providing constructive feedback and continuous coaching/mentoring. Identify further training and education to enhance employee growth and continued job performance improvement.
- Direct the training of all construction personnel. Maintain required training certifications and proficiencies for self and team.
- Represent Acciona within the industry, including facilitation of professional presentations to national trade groups, and acting as an advisor to industry boards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree and/or P.E. a plus.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in EPC construction. A concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated history of managing large work teams.
- Prior experience managing multiple large utility scale energy projects.
- Prior experience negotiating 3rd party contracts.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations. Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to plan, direct switching and tagging for construction personnel in the construction of the renewable energy facility.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of time to domestic and international locations.
- Possess the ability to think and analyze situations, and determine and implement effective resolutions in a fast paced environment.
- Strengths will include excellent communications, organization, positive leadership, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with key executives, external and internal customers.
- Posses a working understanding of cost accounting, budgeting and contract implementation.
- Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 300’.
- Experience with project management tools (MS Project, Primavera), planning and budgeting tools and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.