We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
We have a dynamic opportunity for a Fulltime Health and Safety Administrator, with proven technical experience managing administrative activities to meet our Health and Safety obligations during the execution phase of a large capital project. The Health and Safety Administrator will use their knowledge, skills and experience to create relevant safe job procedures, exposure control plans, regular reporting, safety orientations, filing and related work.
- Help prepare, edit and revise the documents and requirements related to the Project’s Construction Health and Safety Management Plan (CHSMP) such that permit conditions, regulatory requirements, ISO, COR and PA standards are met.
- Organize, carry out and track the implementation of HSE requirements through daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Maintain regulatory requirements register and track implementation of conditions, including proactive and timely notification of any reporting requirements.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly statistics.
- File soft and hard copies of all project specific documentation.
- With the HSE department’s help, prepare project specific safe job procedures, job hazard analysis procedures, toolbox talks and daily tailboards.
- Maintain inventory of personal protective equipment and safety items, order replacement items through vendors.
- Participate in and track all site-based Health and Safety training requirements.
- Facilitate new hire and sub trade Health and Safety Orientations through video, powerpoint and administered paperwork.
- Help HSE Manager and construction team with documentation requirements related to sub-contractor qualifications and submittals.
- Prepare weekly updates for the HSE Manager for presentation to Client and Project Leadership Team.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Participate in JOHS committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or NHSA designation is an asset.
- 5+ Years in a Senior Administrative Position.
- Demonstrated technical experience with:
- Developing safe job procedures.
- Preparing reports.
- Maintaining .XLS databases.
- MS Word, Powerpoint, .XLS.
- Effective technical writing skills, including report writing and providing comments on contractor documents
- Excellent command of the English language in both written and verbal form
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary group and in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and disciplined with task prioritization
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of the BC Worker’s Compensation Act, WorksafeBC Regulations and Prime Contractor’s Responsibilities.
- ·irst Aid level 1 or willingness to obtain in a short period of time.
- Knowledge of construction terminology relating to scopes of work, disciplines, trades and job processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.