We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
The Design QA Lead ensures design quality is in compliance with project requirements and quality standards.
- Ensure that the design quality planning, assurance and control are compliant with the Project Agreement (PA) and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the design quality management system and corresponding plans, procedures and forms to ensure they meet the contract requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading all Design and System Quality Audits.
- Develop and implement regular reviews and system audits on the design quality system to ensure compliance.
- Follow up and monitor the design quality KPIs as contemplated in the design quality management system (QMS).
- Contribute and provide input on the project monthly reporting.
- Respond to Client concerns on the design quality related matters.
- Liaison with Design and Engineering team members, including external designers, and Client’s representative to ensure Design Quality Management is conformity.
- Identify any design related nonconformities, issue nonconformity reports (NCRs) and assists in resolving and closing out the NCRs
- Advise and provide support for implementation of internal processes improvements where necessary
- Provide a technical support to the quality team;
- Work independently and be self-motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the APEGBC or other Province.
- Previous experience in a Quality assurance Role.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Able to multi-task and manage a varied workload
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.