We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
The Quality Control Inspector – Civil and Structural will inspect, audit, record and report all construction activities related to construction to verify implementation of all quality plans and procedures required to build a quality project conforming to design, specifications, relevant standards and codes.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Perform observations and inspections mainly related to Civil and Structural.
- Implement, coordinate and maintain quality systems and procedures in accordance with assigned project specifications.
- Ensure Quality Records are accurately completed with QMP and ITP a focus on the required quality processes and the specification requirements for the related discipline activity.
- Initiate non-conformance processes when materials, products, tools, equipment or work instructions do not meet the required specifications.
- Review contract documents and participate in the development of the quality management plan and Inspection Test plan (ITP) and advises the Quality Manager of any necessary changes or revisions to the quality plan and ITP.
- Study project specifications to determine appropriate construction methods and procedures.
- Review current design and shop drawings, requests for information (RFI) and red-line drawings prior to conducting any inspection. Use inspection checklists to record findings. Report any Non-Conformances, Opportunities for Improvement, issued, deficiencies, etc.
- Perform needed tests on site and in the laboratory (third party) to ensure conformity of material and works according to the contract specifications.
- Ensure that contractors comply with works’ specifications and ensured that the company’s Quality System is applied and effective.
- Measure and test materials, equipment, products and processes as delivered.
- Promote quality achievement and performance throughout the project organization.
- Setting quality compliance objectives and standards of service, and ensuring targets are achieved.
- Develop and update all inspection forms for civil/structural works.
- Develop and completes turn over packages included turn over punch list.
- Liaise with Project Team, Client, Regulatory Agencies, Consultants and Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure the quality management system is functioning properly, advises on changes and their implementation strategies.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Following up with Corrective Actions closure, implements actions of preventive measure and update the system with all record and documentations in order to close the non-conformance.
- Participate in testing and commissioning activities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Previous experience in a Quality Role. LEED Certification related Projects preferable.
- Previous experience in Canadian and International Standards.
- 5 years in engineering, construction management, or construction quality control fieldwork.
- Wastewater treatment construction knowledge preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management and Methodologies.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage a multi-task workload.
- Strong aptitude for quality assurance.
- Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.