We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Collaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her business unit/department, in keeping with the instructions given by his/her supervisor, so that his/her work will enhance both decision-making processes and processes involving the project’s execution
Engineering: Creation of conceptual design and details of the different projects in the different technologies and modelling of these in simulation tools. Conducting of studies for projects in progress or in bidding phase.
BID: Preparation of bids by valuation and cost analysis.
- Assist in the management of electrical engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities, including definition of requirements and specifications, review of engineering drawings and RFI management.
- Optimize design to maximize ROI
- Provide engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of collection system and substations.
- Provide engineering consulting support to other areas of the organization, including O&M and Power Marketing.
- Develop and maintain electrical specifications and requirements to define ACCIONA standards to contractors. Ensure consistency with ACCIONA Corporate specifications.
- Oversee the electrical tests performed by Construction Team on site prior to and during the commissioning of the renewable energy facilities. Support the QA/QC team on site.
- Provide electrical technical interface to support Procurement. Oversee the factory testing of the major electrical equipment to be installed at the renewable energy facilities.
- Evaluate electrical equipment and material proposals; prepare bid tab evaluations for electrical equipment.
- Be on-site for back feed and first energization to grid and start up.
- Review and comment on the scope of work on electrical contracts.
- Assist with receiving and inspecting of the major pieces of electrical equipment.
- Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively design and test ACCIONA renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Maintain a current understanding of renewable generation technology by participating in various training opportunities and reading ACCIONA and industry documents and publications as well as participating in other professional development activities.
- Create the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 4 year Electrical Engineering degree required, EIT certification a plus.
- 5 years of experience in utility or power plant design preferred
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical theory and concepts
- Ability to travel 15% - 30% of time to domestic and international locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.