We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Forensic Planner shall operate as an integral member of the Project Team. In addition to forensic planning related responsibilities, he/she shall also be responsible for project planning and scheduling functions as well as the analysis of resource loading, functional integration, forecast and trend analysis on major EPC projects. Shall supervise outside consultants, assign work, organize and direct the timely completion of complex project planning reports, claims support as well as other oral or written materials, for dissemination to project management team and others as required. Coordinate activities with all packages, other divisions/departments.
- Plan, coordinate, develop and maintain project Level 1/2/3 schedules.
- A Demonstrated understanding of Contractual and Legal Matters
- Demonstration of entitlement to EoT occurring as a result of delay/ disruption/ loss of efficiency. Production rate analysis and work cycle analysis to demonstrate entitlement to EoT, drafting of claim and negotiation strategy.
- Assist with dispute resolution and EoT claims Preparation including EPC scheduling.
- Possess solid understanding of various delay analysis methods, the assumptions behind each, advantages & disadvantages of each, and the suitability of each method for a given circumstance.
- Delay analysis and report writing skills including hands-on experience of various prospective and retrospective delay analysis methods.
- The ability to analyse technical drawings, contracts and specifications, to understand the methods and logistics of a project and to interrogate, analyse and understand programs across a range of project types and values.
- Operate as an integral member of the team with responsibility for project planning, resource analysis, and functional integration, forecast and trend analysis.
- Provide expert program/project schedule analysis and fact finding such as critiquing claims and delays.
- Perform critical path analysis, events chronology and recommend corrective measures.
- Work closely with project management team to prepare and defend claims.
- Reviewing for compliance all reports prepared by the sub-consultants/contractors.
- Perform risk assessment and provide value engineering input.
- Perform and report on Schedule and Cost performance indexing, SPI & CPI
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Milestones and Progress tracking baselines.
- Maintain strict adherence to project management and corporate procedures.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including schedule updates and forecast.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of forensic planning and time management, to assist minimizing Schedule Delays and clearly explain/present the consequences of delays, including the use of what-if scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and examine detailed time schedules on P6, independently identify schedule network irregularities/discrepancies/driving logic paths/criticality/etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPC Industrial Projects/Plants, including planning, permitting, design, procurement, and construction.
- Critical and creative thinking and ability to determine key issues. Analytical and goal oriented.
- Ability to independently, with no or minimal supervision, develop a fully Detailed EPC Time Schedule Baseline on Primavera P6.
- Understanding of the different aspects of EPC projects, and ability to interact with other departments to find the information needed for project planning, monitoring, and control.
- Demonstrated understanding of EPC project critical path, and ability to produce a schedule with a realistic and practical critical path.
- Extensive knowledge of Time Schedule Maintenance and Updates, including variance analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize creativity and innovation in problem solving and strategic planning.
- Understanding of the work details and ability to coordinate/analyze the project team daily activities, and advise project management and team of any necessary preventive and/or corrective.
- Ability to track prerequisites of different works, to plan/arrange clearing the prerequisites early enough to meet the project deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and changing priorities in dynamic, political environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
Required Skills and Competencies
- The successful candidate will possess an engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Will have proven experience in planning management and Forensic Planning of major infrastructure projects.
- Must have 7-12 years of experience with at least 5-7 years’ experience in each of the following areas:
o Experience working on Major EPC Industrial Projects valued at over $500M.
o Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.