We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
The Contracts Manager manages the implementation and administration of contractual, commercial, financial processes and procedures for the MacIntyre Wind project. The role reports to the Project Director and is responsible for best practice integration, effective advice and guidance on contractual, commercial and financial matters across the project. This role will be based in Brisbane with regular travel to site in SE Qld and head office in Melbourne. The role will be a 4 year fixed term contract.
ACCIONA is set to build its largest ever wind farm in Australia, the MacIntyre complex in Queensland, with a total capacity of 1,026MW. The project will boost the Queensland government's decarbonisation strategy, mobilising total investments of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion). The project is scheduled to begin construction in mid-2021 and the entire MacIntyre complex is scheduled to be fully operational in 2024. For more detailed information about the project, check out the link below.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and implementing the project’s Contract Administration Plan;
- Administration of project contracts ensuring company obligations are consistently met in the timeframes required by the contract and company exposure to commercial risks is minimised;
- Reviewing and cataloguing the upstream contract deliverables and working with the Project Director to develop a plan to meet these;
- Preparing and managing contracts, ensuring appropriate approvals processes are followed;
- Assisting in the management of contractual and commercial disputes engaging legal counsel as required;
- Overview and critique tender submissions for exposure to adverse terms and conditions;
- Monitor contract deliverables and ensure they are received in a timely manner and are approved by the appropriate authorised project person;
- Ensure all contracts have detailed and approved Scopes and Specifications included in the executed contract;
- Assist with the negotiation of all contracts, while ensuring that appropriate approvals are obtained;
- Providing advice and information to the project team on contractual and commercial matters including compliance with contract documents, legislation and Australian or relevant Standards.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial, legal and/or engineering field.
- Substantial relevant experience in heavy construction setting. Wind sector experience highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated management of contracts on large construction projects. Experience with complex commercial transactions, joint ventures, etc.
- Highly developed commercial acumen accompanied by proven negotiation and inter-relationship skills.
- Clear and definitive communication – written and verbal accompanied by competent presentation ability.
- Able to travel frequently and work from away from home as required.
- Driver’s license.
More information about the project: https://www.acciona.com.au/news/acciona-to-build-a-1-026-mw-wind-farm-in-queensland
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.