We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Collaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her unit/department, in keeping with the instructions given by his/her supervisor, performing the tasks delegated to him/her to meet the project’s needs.
Engineering: Creation of conceptual design and details of the different projects in the different technologies and modelling of these in simulation tools. Conducting of studies for projects in progress or in bidding phase.
BID: Preparation of bids by valuation and cost analysis.
- Assist in the management of civil and structural engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities, including definition of requirements and specifications, review of engineering drawings and RFI management.
- Optimize design to maximize ROI.
- Provide engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of roads and foundations.
- Develop and maintain civil specifications and requirements to define Acciona standards to contractors. Ensure consistency with Acciona Corporate specifications.
- Oversee the civil and structural tests performed by Construction Team on site. Support the QA/QC team on site.
- Using internal estimates, accurately forecast the scope, cost and duration of future projects in early development stages.
- Support the Construction Team in the review and preparation of RFPs to be submitted to contractors. Review and evaluate estimates.
- Maintain and calibrate the construction estimating tool. Track the market and follow market trends (commodity and labor pricing) and upload and refine the tool with the information provided by the Construction Team.
- Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively design and test Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Maintain a current understanding of civil engineering techniques by participating in various training opportunities and reading Acciona and industry documents and publications as well as participating in other professional development activities.
- Create the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 4 year Civil or Structural Engineering degree required, EIT certification a plus.
- 2 years of experience in major infrastructure design preferred
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to provide training on complex operations
- Knowledge of civil and structural theory and concepts
- Experience in renewable energy construction and design.
- Experience in heavy bid or similar software
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and AutoCAD.
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal / external customers
- Ability to professionally represent the company when dealing with external organizations
- Ability to travel 15% - 30% of time to domestic and international locations.
- Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.