We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
The Design Document Controller will support the design group in the coordinatation of squad check reviews and coordinating submittal packages as as per the Master Deliverables List. The encumbant will report on changes to Master Deliverables list, submittal status’, and contribute to updates to QC procedures as needed.
- Ensure timely transfer of electronic files to/from the design deparment
- Prepare submittals forms for inclusion in submittal packages.
- Scans and file documents, and perform other clerical tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that document control numbers, submittal numbers, and other document identification are correct and follow approved codification standards.
- Ensure that documents are signed, authorized, issued and distributed correctly;
- Establish the paper-based systems for the storage, distribution, retrieval of documentation and records;
- Support the Design Quality Manager in managing and maintaining the Master Deliverable List and monthly reporting of progress;
- Initiate and control the Squad-Check procedures for design document and drawing submittals;
- Support the Design Quality Manager in leading pre-submittal QC of design submittal packages;
- Support the Design Quality Manager in storing and archiving completed submittals in accordance with established procedures; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the document control manager and design quality manager
- Provide a high level support to the document control team and the design management team;
- Liaise with document originators to ensure accuracy and to resolve discrepancies; and,
- Work independently and be self-motivated
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to multi-task and manage a varied workload;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Word/Excel);
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) skills is an asset;
- Familiarization with BIM360 would be beneficial;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- At least 2 years post-secondary education
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.