We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
Management of subcontract, supplier and design agreements between the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractor Joint Venture; following contract administration procedures in accordance with a specific Commercial Plan. Comply with all project health and safety requirements.
- Assist commercial manager in development of the project award documentation.
- Commence drafting of subcontract following handover from procurement.
- Assist commercial manager in negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors.
- Ensure appropriate bonding/guarantees are received in accordance with the contracts placed.
- Administer the execution of the contracts and ensure compliance.
- Assess/check accuracy and process progress applications ensuring subcontractors, suppliers, designers are not overpaid. Issue appropriate recommendations for payment and administer same with the subcontractors.
- Manage the contract change process and ensure a change log for each contractror is used to manage and track change.
- Manage the contract correspondence and ensure a correspondence log for each contractor is used to manage and track change.
- Manage package review meetings with appropriate operational owner
- Collate back charge data from the construction team and follow through with the correct notices to recover back charges.
- Administer contracts and monitor their performance in relation to contractual terms and conditions.
- Interact with engineering, construction and scheduling departments to ensure compliance with terms and amendments of contracts.
- Prepare monthly project liabilities (cost incurred to date).
- Assist commercial manager with subcontract claims or other designated authority.
- Ensure subcontractors notices are reviewed with the Commercial Manager as soon as received.
- Prepare draft notice correspondence to subcontractors (for Commercial Manager approval) where non-compliance with the subcontract is observed, back charges are to be levied or subcontractor delays are experienced.
- Conduct final account review and ensure all documentation is received, deficiencies are addressed and close out subcontracts. Ensure overpayment does not occur.
- Process subcontractor requests for release of hold back and final payment,
- Prepare evaluations of subcontractor performance.
- Assistance with other material and equipment procurement, administration, payment, notices etc.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the valuation of upstream changes,
- Assist the commercial Manager with requests for payment to the client/funders representatives and participate in the demonstration of progress claimed where requested,
- Assisting the Commercial Manager and the team in any other commercial issues,
- Comply with and implement all Health & Safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous experience in construction is required, along with advanced understanding of contractual and technical terms.
- Advanced planning and communication skills.
- Comprehensive Commercial awareness.
- Advanced understanding of fixed price construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
- Advanced knowledge of contract(s) and ensure compliance.
- Knowledge/understanding of surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding.
- Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness.
- Excellent excel spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Required Skills and Competencies
- RICS/MCIOB/PQS (CIQS) preferred or working towards a professional designation.
- Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or similar.
- Up to 5 years of experience in site based construction industry.
- Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
- Experience managing subcontract and supplier packages.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.