We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
Under the general direction of Construction Manager, the Project/Field Engineer will plan, schedule and coordinate structural works in the project. Going forward to manage Engineering for day-to-day site operation, including work directly performed and sub contracted. The Project/Field Engineer is responsible to ensure that the works are safely completed on schedule in compliance with the contract requirements as well as the project budget. All work must be performed efficiently, and completed to highest standards of quality and workmanship.
- Manage all aspects associated with the planning, build ability, construction in put to engineering, field Engineering during construction and hand-over of structures on the project.
- Efficiently plan and manage site materials, plant and equipment for completion of the Structures.
- Supervise and communicate with structural project’s Field Engineers assuring there is proper understanding of the duties and the Construction Manager’s instructions are followed.
- Liaise regarding engineering and construction issues with subcontractors
- Ensure all works are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements as they relate to the project drawings and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable. Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements as they relate to the assigned scope of work.
- Participate in the company safety program as per current procedures and pro-actively work to develop and maintain a Structural design and execution that supports our culture of safety within the workforce.
- Assist in complete definition of Civil and Structural work packages and value engineering.
- Work with Superintendent and Field Engineers to plan and execute work packages.
- Understand Client’s expectations and ensure strict compliance to scope of works to minimize potential contract deviations and departures.
- Ensure that the Quality Management Plan procedures are followed in full including sign-off on requests for inspections and any corrective measures required.
- Ensure that the Environmental Management Plan procedures are followed in full.
- Maintain accurate weekly records for progress reporting and measurement purposes.
- Ensure daily site diary and appropriate records to fulfill the requirements of the contract and provide detailed history of site events.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Keep the Construction Manager informed of significant developments.
- Promote the best interest of Company at all times
- Plan, Engineer and coordinate all temporary works associated with Structures construction.
- Design and nominate the formwork and false work to be purchased for the project for use by subcontractors.
- Plan the Structures build sequence and engineering logic in conjunction with the Construction Manager
- Design and implement construction methods to support safety of all on the project.
- Makes responsible independent decisions on normal matters related to Structures work scope.
- Always available for consultation on engineering aspects relating to the Structures.
- Supervision of field Engineering Activities by Subcontractors.
- Liaise with Procurement and Logistic departments to make sure that supplies are on site in due course and according with schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering for structures.
- Familiarity with environmental, safety and quality requirements as they relate to major civil construction.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, subcontract management and conflict resolution skills.
- Drafting and writing work plans.
- Estimating & Pricing Civil scopes.
- Good working knowledge of design processes and experience in the application of quality systems.
- Knowledge of drawing software Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software.
- Ability to plan and engineer formwork and falsework for multiple site Structures.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple site priorities.
- Ability to motivate engineering site staff and lead by example.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Graduate of civil engineering with at least 5 years of related experience, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership experience would be highly considerate.
- Over 5 years’ experience in major civil infrastructure.
- Formwork management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.