We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
The Office Manager provides assistance to the Project Director. Duties include clerical assistance with correspondence, assistance with Joint Venture Board activities; and secretarial support as well as routine office related functions.
- Assists the company executive in the management of his schedule, utilizing MS Outlook (planning/arranging events and meetings).
- Provides administrative support to the company executive in a variety of capacities, including screening incoming calls and correspondence and responding independently when possible.
- Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
- Prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
- Performs complex and confidential secretarial functions including composing correspondence. Responds to routine external correspondence.
- Types emails, purchase requisitions, payment requests, travel requests and other department forms and documents.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel related meetings.
- Prepares Executive Team’s expense reports and monthly reimbursements.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Reconciles corporate credit card accounts.
- Assist with the IT support for video conference calls for Executives’ meetings.
- Configures telephone equipment in Toronto and coordinates telephone service with network supplier.
- Maintains essential inventory of office supplies, and ensures good working order of office equipment and efficient running of office.
- Evaluates and recommends purchase or leasing of office equipment.
- Comply and promote Office Health & Safety rules and protocols as applicable.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Preference for candidates with secretarial and/or certificate or equivalent experience, two years or more in a similar role.
- 3 year+ experience with customer service principles and practices.
- Customer focused and able to nurture positive customer relationships.
- Highly organized and with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Preference for candidates with secretarial and/or certificate or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Organizational, communication and high level of confidentiality qualifications.
- Working experience with customer service principles and practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.