ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is a subsidiary of ACCIONA S.A., a Spanish company that ranks among the world's leading sustainability-focused businesses in the renewable energy, major infrastructure, water and wastewater treatment sectors. ACCIONA has already achieved 100% carbon neutrality across its global operations and is committed to developing a lasting foundation in Australia.
ACCIONA is undertaking the design and construction of the civil works on the Sydney Light Rail Project. The scope includes 12km of track, 19 stops, and a bridge over the Eastern Distributor, a tunnel under Moore Park, stabling and maintenance facilities, substations and other service buildings along the route.
We are currently looking for Site Engineers to ensure the effective coordination and control of civil works. In your designated zone you will be responsible for reviewing technical drawings, cost control, planning, subcontractor management, procurement and quality control.
- Ensure all quality and environmental aspects of the project are addressed to maintain effective operation and project delivery
- Ensure non-conformances are recorded and corrective actions initiated as soon as practically possible
- Complete all outstanding defects as required by the programme
- Prepare Inspection Test Reports and checklists that accurately reflect contract requirements
- Conducts basic internal audits on project suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain and apply all relevant standards, policies, guidelines and legislative requirements necessary to support responsible decisions and courses of action
- Adhere to safety plan for project and communicate it to project team members including suppliers and subcontractors
- Provide support on planning the use of materials, resources, components or systems within the project, and construction practices and problems to ensure project success, value for money and best practice are achieved
- Assist the Project Engineer with development of construction planning documents and monitor implementation
- Bachelor's Degree (Civil) assessed by Engineers Australia
- Preferable 2 – 5 years’ experience in a construction/engineering environment
- Previous experience working in a highly time sensitive road/ track closure environment will be highly regarded
- Previous experience on projects located in high-density areas dealing with drainage, earthworks, combined service routes (CSR), pavement, utility relocations and protections
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.