Position Summary/ Purpose
The Engineer reports to the Construction Manager and/or the Project Manager and is responsible for the planning, execution and closing of a project. The Engineer ensures that contractual profitability and obligations are met and maintained. Furthermore, you will work with all relevant teams to manage and deliver the objectives of the project, on time and on budget.
During the construction of the works, the Engineer is also responsible for providing technical, administrative and HSEQ ((Health &) Safety, Environmental and Quality) support to the Supervisor/s. Your relationship with the Supervisor/s requires constant interaction and liaising.
Whilst there are a number of people responsible for the actual construction of the works, a key requirement for you is to be able to accurately report on how the project is running (i.e. cost, time, scope and quality) at all times.
· Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management Degree (or similar)
· 3-5 years’ industry related experience as a Site then Project Engineer in engineering disciplines such as rail, civil, mechanical and/or oil & gas
· Certificate III in Occupational Health and Safety
· Rail Industry Worker (RIW) Card, with appropriate competencies and ‘roles’ to perform your duties, ensuring this card is current at all times, comprised of:
- Track Safety Awareness Metro Level 1;
- Metro Safety and Environment Induction; and
- Category 3 Medical.
· Level 2 Senior First Aid, ensuring this certificate is current at all times
· Construction Induction Training (CIT/’White Card’, formerly a ‘Red Card’), obtained via face-to-face training, not online
- Current Driver Licence.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.