ACCIONA, a global leader in Renewable Energy, is establishing itself with a strong pipeline of wind and solar projects throughout Australia to build in the coming years due to aggressive growth targets.
We need an experienced General Manager to lead this growth and ensure our targets are achieved.
The GM role is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Engineering & Construction team including all inputs relating to ACCIONA Energy projects in Australia, during development, construction and operations phases.
- Responsible for safety, environment and quality outcomes on all construction projects and E&C team activities.
- Lead and develop a team working across the areas of interconnection, wind and solar energy resources, GIS, construction and procurement.
- Ensure projects under construction are completed Safely, within Schedule and Budget.
- Lead all high-level interactions and problem solving with regulatory/government authorities and clients during construction.
- Provide guidance, direction, advice to the team regarding the construction of renewable energy projects.
- Lead (when required) the resolution of site industrial relations disputes, negotiations with relevant unions and bargaining activities.
- Lead EPC sub-contract tender and contract negotiations.
- Maintain strong reporting lines to the global construction team.
- In collaboration with ACCONA’s global engineering team ensure that a strong link is maintained and that ACCIONA systems and methodologies are followed.
- In collaboration with local and global procurement and engineering team members and whilst following the global procurement processes, oversee (and/or lead) technical, commercial and contractual discussions and review of tenders for all main supply contracts and support the selection of successful tenderers.
- 15 years of renewable energy experience, ideally in the engineering and construction areas.
- Significant demonstrated experience in managing and motivating teams of engineers and construction personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing, negotiating and managing third party contracts for the supply of plant, equipment and services in construction projects.
- The ability to work as part of a matrix organisation with dual reporting lines into the Head Office in Spain.
- Demonstrated experience in high level interactions and problem solving with commercial partners, clients and suppliers, regulatory authorities and government agencies.
- Previous experience working across different cultures and maintaining key relationships
- Available to travel regularly to interstate locations and internationally as required.
- Undergraduate and/or Masters Qualification in engineering and management.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.