ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Country Procurement Director for our office in Vancouver, BC.
ACCIONA develops tenders and manages the construction for major projects(primarily DB and EPC) in the civil construction sector. The scope of projects undertaken includes road and bridge works, rail transportation, tunneling projects, ports, dams and other marine works, power generation facilities and LNG storage, water and wastewater treatment, and large hospital facilities. ACCIONA maintains integrated international and local procurement teams, and utilizes international and local procurement teams, and utilizes international and local best practices and policies in procurement to ensure the effective delivery of these projects.
In support of this business, the Country Procurement director will:
• Provide functional leadership for all procurement staff working in Canada; ensuring adequately skilled and experienced procurement staff are retained on all tenders and projects in the Country, and delivering training to continuously improve performance.
• Implement and monitor the application of corporate procurement policy/systems, report the status of procurement activities, maintain/update procurement systems, and propose country specific adjustments to meet the company's strategic procurement objectives.
• Lead the development of positive long-term relationships with the national and sub-national supplier and sub-contractor market.
• Develop and maintain positive cross functional relationships to ensure the integration of corporate procurement policy and adoption of best practices across the organization.
Reporting to the Country Director and PMO Canada Area Infrastructure Procurement, and in coordination with the Country Construction Director, the Country Procurement Director will:
• Implement and monitor the application of ACCIONA’s corporate Procurement Policy in terms of supplier engagement and registration, integrated procurement planning, tendering and adjudication procedures, reporting, and dispute resolution.
• Proactively develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors to develop brand awareness for ACCIONA, and to promote the company as a client of choice in the country.
• Participate in cross-functional planning and governance to ensure the delivery of procurement activities aligns with functional, business unit and country objectives.
• Provide functional management and support to procurement resources working across various tenders and projects, including direct participation where necessary.
• Undertaking certain ad-hoc projects, initiatives and tasks as requested.
Responsibility on Bids:
• Develop procurement strategies consistent with overall tender strategy, develop and secure relationships with market participants, and secure pricing and performance commitments for use in the tender estimate.
• Secure adequate staffing and resourcing during bid preparation by early identification of resourcing needs with HR and Bid Director to expedite hiring and mobilization.
• Review and advise on tender stage commitments to vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors involving as appropriate Central Procurement resources (Strategic Sourcing / Category Management).
Responsibility on Projects:
• Liaise and interface with Project and Commercial Directors and supply chain.
• Support the set-up and launch of procurement processes and activities for new projects.
• Assist the project team to identify suppliers by leveraging existing supply chain partners or sourcing new suppliers in conjunction with the project teams.
• Monitor periodically that procurement activities on projects are being conducted in accordance with corporate Procurement Policy, OH&S Policy, Environment Policy, and market best practices.
• Coach and train project teams in the correct application of corporate policies and market best practice.
• Ensure compliance with all reporting and record keeping requirements and aggregating procurement data at the Country level.
Key Result Areas:
• Effective formal and informal communication with internal and external stakeholders and facilitation of healthy team dynamic both vertically within the procurement function and horizontally across functional departments.
• Recruitment and development of high calibre procurement staff.
• Effective implementation and adoption of corporate Procurement Policy.
• Delivery of high quality, timely and managerially relevant reports (compliant with project and corporate requirements)
• Measurement and improvement of cost/quality/schedule effectiveness in project procurement activities.
• Measurement and improvement of brand awareness for ACCIONA within strategically important sectors of the supplier market.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
• Minimum of 15 to 20 years’ experience in procurement, purchasing and administration management in heavy civil construction or related fields.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Canadian market, building and managing procurement teams.
• Proven track record of successful collaboration with professional vendors in the Canadian market and deep knowledge of the key market participants.
• Demonstrated understanding of procurement procedures best practices with consideration of all direct and indirect factors that impact cost, quality and schedule.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong English communication skills (oral & written), including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels and across different functions, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands on resources.
• Demonstrated engagement approach that is positive and constructive, customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven.
• Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology.
• Proficient skills in: SAP and associated reporting, MS Word, email, and Excel.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed
• Individuals may be subject to temporary relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.