ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Senior Procurement Manager/Buyer for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Senior Procurement Manager/Buyer manages the purchase of general and specialized equipment, materials, or subcontractors services for use or for further processing. Reporting to Procurement Manager of the Project, this role is responsible for maintaining established procedures and methods to provide delivery and procurement of goods as well as services; he also manages subcontractors. All while maintaining compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare and accomplish a procurement Strategy and plan for each package of purchase
• Bid, obtain and analyze quotations/proposals mainly for civil, structural and architectural works, materials and construction services for use for an industrial construction project.
• Assess requirements of the business and develop specifications in conjunction with Technical and Construction teams.
• Secure internal approvals according the Company procedures, negotiate contract with the best terms and conditions, prepare supplier Purchase orders and/or Subcontract.
• Procurement Plan Management and Reporting.
• Final negotiations and full responsibility about the pricing and requirements achieved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of appropriate suppliers and subcontractor services.
• Negotiating with current and potential Vendors in an effort to obtain the best value and favorable terms for all procurement packages.
• Ensuring compliance with Procurement Vendors Accreditation Process.
• Advising project team of critical information, such as specification changes, delivery status, future price changes, etc.
• Expertise in strong internal and external Vendors and Stakeholders communication.
• Establishing criteria and communication with supervisor and co-workers daily to resolve issues/problems as they arise.
• Knowledgeable in procurement Legal aspects in Canada
• Experience in searching for several technical & economic alternatives of procurement packages.
• Experience offering alternatives to meet the budget requirements.
• Proactive and detail orientated individual.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• A bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering is required.
• A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset.
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience.
• Experience with customer service principles and practices.
• Expertise in local civil and industrial construction market will be a plus.
• Knowledge about local and Canadian subcontractors for industrial and civil projects trades will be a plus.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.