ACIONA Infrastructure Maintenance (AIM) is a newly Canadian established subsidiary division of Global ACCIONA Road Maintenance group. With the main focus on road seasonal maintenance and road, bridge infrastructure.
ACCIONA Infrastructure Maintenance Inc. is looking to hire a Mechanical Superintendent.
Under the direction of the Mechanical and Fleet Manager, the Mechanical Superintendent:
• Responsible for maintaining the equipment according to the company policies and regulations.
• Assist in analyzing the fleet and make suggestions for improvements or purchases.
• Assist in the approval and payment of any repairs on the company’s equipment that must be performed by subcontractors.
• Assist in developing and administering the budget for maintenance and replacement of the equipment.
• Supervises and directs members of the maintenance team.
• Ensures preventive maintenance and annual inspections schedules are followed.
• Assists in completing weekly schedules, reports and other documents as required.
• Utilizes various management tools to improve cost management.
• Assists in the training of the staff.
• Is a key member in coordinating equipment planning and maintenance schedules with the balance of the management team.
• Assists in effectively troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment to maximize utilization of staff and equipment by effectively scheduling, planning and assigning work.
• Assists in monitoring of equipment utilization and maintenance reports produced from electronic systems.
• Reports vital information regarding equipment costs to contract management.
• Assists in critical decision making for purchase vs. rental of equipment and disposal vs. refurbishment.
• Helps to build and maintain an environment characterized by high productivity and morale and developing people through training, coaching, etc.
• Supervises and directs the members of the maintenance team (foreman, warehouse, mechanics / technicians and subcontractors).
• Perform other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, coordination and planning skills.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
• Detail orientated with an ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
• Strong ability to plan, schedule, deliver and report a variety of complex tasks.
• Excellent stakeholder relationship building skills.
• Previous experience in managing equipment fleet, vendor contracts, dealings, purchasing, and rental of equipment & materials for equipment maintenance, servicing, and repair.
• Mechanical background – experienced in the maintenance of heavy equipment, including: Trucks, Trailers, Loaders, Graders, Rollers/Compactors, Backhoes, Sweeper/Vacuum Trucks and equipment attachments.
• Ability to manage multiple personnel over multiple worksites including: Mechanics, Equipment Support Engineer, Truck Drivers & Clerk.
• Understanding of electronic systems and computer programs/software to monitor fleet for Hours, Service, Utilization, Fuel usage, Fleet tracking.
• Knowledge of equipment market and value of equipment for purposes of buy/sell analysis, rent vs. purchase, and refurbishment costs
• Experience in heavy equipment repairs and or management of heavy equipment repairs and staff is a must.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements in Canada including managing unionized employees.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Certified trade-qualificaiton in a mechanical related field.
• Five years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years if not trade-qualified.
• Minimum of five years of experience in connection with the management of heavy vehicle fleet.
• Experience in equipment fleet planning and acquisition activities.
• Experience in equipment maintenance planning, tracking and execution.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word).
• Training and experience in change management and facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to mentor and manage a team of more 8+ members.
• Experience managing strategic fleet management vendors preferred.
• Experience working within a unionized enviroment.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.