ACCIONA Infrastructure Maintenance (AIM) is a newly Canadian established subsidiary division of Global ACCIONA Road Maintenance group. With the main focus on road seasonal maintenance and road, bridge infrastructure.
ACCIONA Infrastructure Maintenance Inc. is looking to hire an Environmental Supervisor.
The Environmental (EN) Supervisor position is a multifunctional position. The EN Supervisor will play an integral part of the ACCIONA Infrastructure Maintenance (AIM) Quality, Health, Safety & Environment team with a main focus on Environment. In addition to having environmental qualifications the holder of this position must exhibit comprehension of general quality assurance and health & safety responsibilities.
Under the direct reporting to the AIM Contract Manager and functional reporting to the Corporate Director of Environmental, Health & Safety, the EN Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to the management team, supervisors, foremen and workers. Main responsibilities include overseeing the activities undertaken under the environmental service area, interact and coordinate with environmental regulatory authorities for following local environmental guidelines as required, and perform specific project duties accordingly. This position has to manage the permissions, compliance, monitoring, and mitigation related to the environmental projects as per the requirement.
• Carrying out service area investigations, collecting, processing, and evaluating the off-site and on-site data, processing and interpretation of chemical, geographical, and geological data for preparing environmental reports and work plans accordingly
• Coordinating with external scientists, engineers, and other regulators for planning the project, providing technical assistance to environmental engineers and program managers for project designing, and maintaining the project standards as per the guidelines by regulatory authorities
• Preparing internal reports for staff members of the organization and analyzing the environmental progress report in accordance with other organizational operations
• Coordinating with suppliers, fieldwork coordinators, subcontractors, and other field staff, supervising the field work for accomplishing the project work for the organization
• Managing other procedures of environmental project handling, preparing budget and financial reports as per the organizational guidelines, and keeping track of finance and budget while preparing tenders for contractors
• Managing the contract discussions with third party contractors, local planning authorities, and other project specific personnel for carrying out the project responsibilities efficiently
• Coordinating with environmental regulatory authorities for obtaining the upgraded environmental compliance guidelines and work accordingly for accomplishing the project responsibilities
• Provide support to assigned service areas by maintaining a visible presence in the field
• Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the environmental programs in the field.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
• Implement and monitor the Environmental Management System (EMS) as required to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
• Regularly audit the EMS for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with service area scope and conditions.
• Act as the Environmental monitor during traffic management road maintenance.
• Organize and schedule required environmental monitor coverage.
• Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors and foremen
• Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately to all required parties.
• Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
• Prepare for, and participate in audits such as 14001 audits.
• Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all environmental expectations are understood and met.
• Participate in the British Columbia Construction Safety Association (BCCSA) internal COR audit
• Regularly audit the work sites and implement environmental improvements.
• Develop and implement environmental training and education initiatives for the project, including site induction/orientation programs.
• Review subcontractors and supplier’s site specific environmental management system and training meet the local regulatory requirements.
• Implement and maintain environmental records.
• Analyze and identify leading and lagging trends to assist in proactive environmental control.
• Compile reports to update ongoing environment processes and address current issues.
• Work with and support ACCIONA Canada on meeting their corporate reporting requirements and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Above average analytical and organizational skills needed to complete reports and documentation.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships in a large and complex network.
• Demonstrated good leadership, supervision, and conflict resolution skills.
• Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
• Road construction/maintenance experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s license and a positive driving record.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act, WorkSafeBC regulations.
• Must be physically fit, prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Exceptional communication, listening and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge and application of and ISO 1401 systems.
• Individua Experience/Qualifications
• 5 year of experience in an environmental assessment role.
• Previous field experience is required.
• Degree or diploma in environmental studies, biology science or a related engineering discipline is required.
• ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Certification, is an asset, but not a requirement.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.