Acciona Infraestructuras Industrial requires the incorporation of a Contract Manager Engineer for the important project of Transmission Lines and Substations in Saudi Arabia.
Study of the strategy for preparation and negotiation of the claims and orders of change to the client and defense of claims of subcontractors with the support of the subcontractor administrators.
• Prepare and control the Contract Management Procedures of Acciona Industrial in the Projects.
• Directing the engineers in their area of responsibility in order to achieve the committed objectives, "Leadership and work team", in order to encourage initiative and development, in addition to training them, transmitting experiences of lessons learned and best practices
• Coordination of claims (especially the study of contractual / legal right and make sure to record the events that occurred in the work). Coordination of the different disciplines of the project team to prepare claims and change orders to the client and to defend claims of subcontractors.
• Prepare the planning that supports the Time Extension for claims with the Project Control (Planning) and Construction areas.
• Prepare the budget of the claims and change orders together with the areas of Project Control (Cost Control) and Construction.
• Coordinate the response of claims to Subcontractors with the project control team (Administration of Subcontracts).
• Monitoring of possible non-compliances of contract. Identify opportunities and provide solutions to the needs of each Client.
• Coordination of the term management from a legal point of view (LDs, program, test, milestones).
• Coordination of the management bodies of the consortiums.
• Knowledge and implementation of the contractual mechanisms available to the contractor and extra-contractual mechanisms derived from local legislation (among other things to preserve cash flow and avoid acceleration measures without consideration).
• Coordination between local lawyers and the litigation department.
• Transmit and try to enforce compliance regulations.
• Study of the possible interpretations of confusing clauses of the contract.
• Implementation of dispute clauses efficiently (negotiation, dispute avoidance board, arbitration).
• Coordination with the bidding team at the beginning of the project. Participate in the preparation of supply offers and subcontracts.
• Report activities and summary of claims and change orders to the Project Director and Operations Director.
• Maintain a good relationship with the Client and satisfy their demands in compliance with the contract.
Academic training: Industrial, electrical, mechanical Engineer / Lawyer
Complementary knowledge: PMI Project Management Institute
Computer skills: Office software
Languages / Level: English High - Level - C1
Years of professional experience required: +5
Areas of professional experience required: Contract manager for international EPC projects
Availability to travel
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.