The Grid & Regulatory Manager will have a strong understanding of the Australian energy market, the network connection process and other regulatory requirements to be able to influence project development and the successful delivery of network connection agreements and approvals from pre-feasibility through to completion. With the assistance of a team of internal resources and external consultants the Manager will lead and drive the network connections process and obtain the necessary approvals across a portfolio of projects incorporating wind, solar and energy storage. The Manager will keep abreast of regulatory and technical changes to inform and influence business strategy and build and sustain productive relationships with relevant industry bodies including AEMO and relevant NSPs.
• Provide input to strategic business planning processes and grid feasibility studies for greenfield and brownfield development
• Develop the strategy for achieving optimum network connection to support project development activities through the entire project life cycle.
• Manage the network connection process to deliver the necessary approvals according to project schedule
• Manage the commercial aspects of network connection process including negotiation of connection agreements with NSPs
• Keep abreast of network augmentation initiatives, regulatory and technical changes to inform and influence business strategy and project development
• Build and sustain productive relationships with relevant industry bodies, AEMO, NSPs and external consultants
• Identify opportunities to unlock opportunities including those within the transmission and distribution networks
• Development and deployment of innovative solutions on wind, solar, storage and/or hybrid facilities to minimise the impact of grid limitations and increase profitability
• Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes to assist in the delivery of project objectives
• Add value, reduce risks and costs and improve project viability through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions.
• Responsible for ‘grid intelligence’ and implementation of new connection methods arising from policy and industry changes.
• Tertiary qualifications in engineering, business management or science preferred
• Technical/engineering qualifications will be highly considered where augmented by strong industry and practical experience
• Experience in a commercial/technical/ regulatory role in the energy industry
• Experience in managing network connections with AEMO, DNSP’s & TNSP’s
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and strategic thinking
• Strong presentation and communication skills together with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with industry stakeholders
• Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to grow with the organization
• Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Willingness and flexibility to travel
• Experience with the development, engineering and network connection of renewable energy projects
• Experience in wind, solar, BESS and hybrid projects
• Project management skills, qualifications or experience
• Experience working across cultures and languages
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.