ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit in Canada and is hiring a Systems Design Lead.
The Systems Design Lead is responsible for the management of technical matters relating to the design and implementation of the systems elements of mass transit projects. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning of signaling and train control systems, communications systems, CCTV systems, SCADA systems and other subsystems utilized on mass transit railway systems.
• Manage and lead the systems design team in preparing the designs and specifications of the various systems components of mass transit projects.
• Ensure all subsystem final designs are fully integrated and meet all project requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Provide high level quality assurance relating to the design and implementation of the systems elements.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of mass transit systems and related sub-systems including: signaling and train control systems; communications systems; CCTV systems; SCADA systems; and, other subsystems generally utilized on mass transit railway systems.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of systems engineering principles from the establishment of systems requirements through system verification and validation.
• Ability to work with an integrated multidisciplinary team of consultants and contractors
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills including an ability to create effective and appropriate written business communications
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills
• Relationship builder – builds strong working relationships with the client and project partners (joint venture partners, sub-consultants, sub-contractors, utility companies, etc.) to ensure project objectives are met
• Thorough knowledge of Health, Quality, Safety and Environment aspects of the project and the ability to work with HQSE teams to develop appropriate HQSE specifications and procedures
• Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering or computer science field.
• Demonstrated experience in leading a team of systems specialist to deliver fully integrated systems packages on major mass transit systems in both brown field and green field environments.
• Fifteen years of systems engineering experience related to mass transit systems with 5 years in a management role.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.