ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit in Canada and is hiring a Senior Signaling and Train Control Systems Designer.
The Senior Signaling and Train Control Systems Designer is responsible for the design and integration of the various signaling systems elements of mass transit projects. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning.
• Preparation of designs and specifications for signaling systems on major mass transit projects.
• Management of the technical aspects of signaling systems supplier subcontracts.
• Interfacing with the railway operating companies and railway licensing authorities to obtain required operating permits.
• Ensure all signaling system final designs are fully integrated and meet all project requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Participate in quality assurance activities relating to the design and implementation of signaling systems.
• Assist in the preparation of O&M manuals and participate in O&M staff training.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of mass transit train control and signaling systems. Familiarity with fully automated driverless systems a definite asset.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of systems engineering principles from the establishment of systems requirements through system verification and validation.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work within an integrated multidisciplinary team.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills.
• Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering or computer science field.
• Demonstrated experience in leading the design, implementation and integration of the signaling and train control system on major mass transit projects.
• Ten years of signaling and train control systems engineering experience related to mass transit systems.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.