ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit in Canada and is hiring a Senior Communications Systems Designer.
The Senior Communications Systems Designer is responsible for the design and integration of the various communication systems elements of mass transit projects. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning of radio systems, telephone systems, fibre optic data transmission networks, passenger information and announcement systems, CCTV systems, SCADA systems and other subsystems utilized on mass transit railways.
• Preparing the designs and specifications of the various communication sub-systems of mass transit projects.
• Ensure all subsystem final designs are fully integrated and meet all project requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Participate in quality assurance activities relating to the design and implementation of the communications sub-systems.
• Assist in the preparation of O&M manuals and participate in O&M staff training.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of mass transit communication systems and related sub-systems including: radio systems, telephone systems, fibre optic data transmission networks, passenger information and announcement systems, CCTV systems, SCADA systems other subsystems generally utilized on mass transit railway systems.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of systems engineering principles from the establishment of systems requirements through system verification and validation.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work within an integrated multidisciplinary team.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills.
• Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering or computer science field.
• Demonstrated experience in leading the design, implementation and integration of one or more of the above mentioned subsystems on major mass transit project.
• Five years of communication systems engineering experience related to mass transit systems.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.