ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit and is hiring a Senior Electrical Designer.
The Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for the design and implementation of the electrical elements of mass transit systems. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning of electrical systems.
• Prepare the designs and specifications of the various electrical components of mass transit systems.
• Ensure all designs meet project, company and legal requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Participate in quality assurance activities relating to the design and implementation of electrical systems.
• Assist in the preparation of O&M manuals and participate in O&M staff training.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A good working knowledge of mass transit systems and related electrical systems including: DC Traction Power Systems (substations and power-rail and overhead catenary distribution systems), AC distribution systems, emergency back-up systems (UPS and standby generator systems) and SCADA systems.
• Demonstrated experience in mentoring junior engineers, technologists and drafters.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Independent self-starter with the ability to work well within an integrated multidisciplinary team of engineers and technologists.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
• Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGBC.
• Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in electrical engineering, with a specific emphasis on power supply and distribution systems related to mass transit systems.
• Five years of electrical engineering experience related to mass transit systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of codes, standards, construction means and methods related to electrical engineering to ensure designs are optimized for construction practices.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.