ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit in Canada and is hiring an Electrical Design Lead.
The Electrical Design Lead is responsible for the management of technical matters relating to the design and implementation of the electrical elements of mass transit systems. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning of electrical systems.
• Manage and lead the electrical design team in preparing the designs and specifications of the various electrical components of mass transit systems.
• Ensure all designs meet project, company and legal requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Provide high level quality assurance relating to the design and implementation of electrical systems.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of mass transit systems and related electrical systems including: DC Traction Power Systems, AC distribution systems, emergency back-up systems (UPS and standby generator systems) and SCADA systems.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a team of electrical engineers, technologists and drafters.
• Ability to work with an integrated multidisciplinary team of consultants and contractors.
• Has strong communication skills including an ability to create effective and appropriate written business communications.
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills.
• Relationship builder – builds strong working relationships with the client and project partners (joint venture partners, sub-consultants, sub-contractors, utility companies, etc.) to ensure project objectives are met.
• Thorough knowledge of Health, Quality, Safety and Environment aspects of the project and the ability to work with HQSE teams to develop appropriate HQSE specifications and procedures.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
• Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGBC.
• Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in electrical engineering, with a specific emphasis on power supply and distribution systems related to mass transit systems.
• Ten years of electrical engineering experience related to mass transit systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of codes, standards, construction means and methods related to electrical engineering to ensure designs are optimized for construction practices.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.