ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit in Canada and is hiring a Senior Trackwork Designer.
The Senior Trackwork Designer is responsible for the design and implementation of the trackwork system and components of rail mass transit projects. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, procurement support, and testing and commissioning of track systems.
• Preparation of the designs and specifications of the various trackwork components of rail mass transit systems.
• Ensure all designs meet project, company and legal requirements.
• Management of the technical aspects of trackwork component supply contracts.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Participate in quality assurance activities relating to the design, supply and implementation of track systems and components.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A good working knowledge of mass transit systems and related track systems including: track layout and alignment design; ballasted, direct fixation and embedded track design; special trackwork design; continuously welded rail design and construction; rail/structural interactions and design considerations; wheel/rail interface considerations.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a team of engineers, technologists and drafters.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within an integrated multidisciplinary team environment.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills.
• Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering discipline.
• Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGBC.
• Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in track systems engineering, with a specific emphasis on metro, LRT and ALRT mass transit systems.
• A minimum of five years of design and construction experience related to rail mass transit systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of codes, standards and construction means and methods related to track systems.
• Demonstrated ability to develop designs that are optimized for construction practices.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.