ACCIONA Infrastructure is looking to reinforce its Transportation Systems business unit and is hiring a Trackwork Design Lead.
The Trackwork Design Lead is responsible for the management of technical matters relating to the design and implementation of the trackwork aspects of rail mass transit projects. This will include, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimating, procurement support, construction oversight and testing and commissioning of track systems.
• Manage and lead the trackwork design team in preparing the designs and specifications of the various trackwork components of rail mass transit systems.
• Ensure all designs meet project, company and legal requirements.
• Assist estimating staff in the preparation of cost estimates for the work.
• Assist project planning staff in the preparation of schedule for the work and ensure the work proceeds in accordance with the schedule.
• Provide high level quality assurance relating to the design and implementation of track systems.
• Assist in the preparation of the test plans and participate in testing and commissioning activities as required by the project Testing and Commissioning team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of mass transit systems and related track systems including: track layout and alignment design; ballasted, direct fixation and embedded track design; special trackwork design; continuously welded rail design and construction; rail/structural interactions and design considerations; wheel/rail interface considerations.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a team of engineers, technologists and drafters.
• Ability to work with an integrated multidisciplinary team of consultants and contractors.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills including an ability to create appropriate and effective written business communications.
• People focused – has strong team building and mentoring skills.
• Relationship builder – builds strong working relationships with the client and project partners (joint venture partners, sub-consultants, sub-contractors, utility companies, etc.) to ensure project objectives are met.
• Thorough knowledge of Health, Quality, Safety and Environment aspects of the project and the ability to work with HQSE teams to develop appropriate HQSE specifications and procedures.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGBC.
• Ability to practice as an engineer in British Columbia and certify drawings and other design documents.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in track systems engineering, with a specific emphasis on metro, LRT and ALRT mass transit systems.
• Ten years of design and construction experience related to rail mass transit systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of codes, standards and construction means and methods related to track systems.
• Demonstrated ability to develop designs that are optimized for construction practices.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.